With iOS 15, Find My will locate your phone even after the phone’s battery dies. The new tracking feature is in the “Find My” app and is called “Find My Network”. It is available on the following devices:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro / iPhone 13 Pro Max
You’ll know that this feature is active if, when you shut your phone down, you see the phrase “iPhone Findable After Power Off” under the power-down toggle.
Activate the Find My App
Here’s how you set it up:
- Go to Settings, tap on your name, and then on Find My.
- Tap on Find My iPhone.
- Enable Find My Network.
Once activated, your device can be traced using the “Find My” app on MacOS, another iPhone, or by signing in to icloud.com/find on a web browser with your Apple ID.